Welcome to elpmoving.com
Our approach to privacy entails keeping your personal information secure and confidential, refraining from selling it, and providing you with options to manage and review your marketing preferences. Additionally, we will only disclose your personal information to trusted partners with your explicit consent. This policy aligns with the rights granted to you under relevant legislation, such as the the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) of the European Union and Data Protection Act in the UK, and may be subject to periodic updates.
Technical Data Collection
When you visit elpmoving.com, our servers automatically collect certain technical information to ensure the proper functioning of our website. This data may include:
- IP address: We log IP addresses for system administration purposes, to analyze trends, and to track user activities on our website.
- Time of visit: We record the date and time of your visit to understand peak usage periods and improve website performance.
- Browser settings: Information about your browser, such as language preferences, enables us to provide localized content and enhance your browsing experience.
- Operating system: We may collect data about the type of operating system you use to troubleshoot issues and optimize website compatibility.
- Other technical information: Our servers may store additional technical details necessary for the correct display and functionality of our website. However, this data does not identify you personally.
Please be aware that while this technical data is collected, it cannot be used to identify you as an individual.
Personal Information Collection
We collect personal data to provide you with the best possible user experience and to fulfill our services. The types of personal information we collect may include:
- Identity data: We may collect your name and surname to personalize our communications and improve customer service.
- Contact data: Your email address allows us to send important notifications, updates, and respond to your inquiries. We may ask for your phone number to contact you regarding your requests or to provide support.
- Home addresses: We may collect your home address to facilitate service execution. Without exact and correct addresses it’s impossible to organize collection and delivery of your items.
- Personal photos: In certain cases, we request personal photos to verify your identity or provide personalized services. Usually we request photos of your largest items to estimate their volume.
- Documents: When moving internationally, when necessary for customs purposes, we may collect document scans such as passports, visas, identification cards, residence permits, or other relevant documents. These scans assist us in ensuring compliance with customs regulations and facilitating the smooth processing of your move.
Please note that we handle your personal information with the utmost care and in accordance with applicable privacy laws and regulations. Your data is securely stored and processed only for the duration necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this policy. Once the data is no longer required, we will securely delete it to maintain your privacy and data protection.
Legal Basis for Data Usage
We adhere to data protection laws and use your personal information only when we have a proper reason to do so. This includes sharing personal information with trusted third parties. The following reasons justify the usage of your personal information:
- Pre-contractual obligations: We may use your personal information to carry out activities before entering into a contract with you, such as conducting surveys or preparing quotations.
- Contractual obligations: Personal information is used to fulfill our contractual obligations with you.
- Legitimate interests: We may use your personal information based on our legitimate interests, provided that its usage is fair and reasonable.
- Consent: When you provide your explicit consent, we may utilize your personal information accordingly.
We collect personal information from various sources, including when you inquire about our services, engage with us via telephone, visit our website, correspond through emails or letters, participate in live chat sessions, or when we conduct sales surveys at your home. Additionally, personal information may be collected when you enter competitions or promotions, provide customer feedback, report website problems, or sign up for marketing communications. In some cases, we may receive personal information from third parties, such as organizations, insurers, retailers, comparison websites, social networks, estate agents, loyalty scheme operators, government or law enforcement agencies, employers, local authorities, or agents acting on your behalf.
The information we collect about you includes your name, address, email address, telephone numbers, bank details, payment details, consent for special offers or promotions, information necessary to provide services, company-related details (if applicable), website usage information (such as IP address, operating system, and browser type), details of any inquiries, claims, or complaints, and information pertaining to inventories, job sheets, collection/delivery documentation, shipping manifests, customs documentation, or similar documents related to the export or importation of your goods.
How we use your Personal Information
We use your personal information for the following purposes:
- Arranging personal or video surveys
- Preparing quotations
- Fulfilling contractual obligations to you
- Instructing third-party suppliers/sub-contractors
- Accounting, billing, and audit purposes
- Credit or payment card verification
- Preparation of export or importation documents
- Arranging insurance
- Immigration or customs documentation
- General administration
- Communicating with you regarding services and changes
- Payment collection and refunds
- Providing tips or guidance for moving home
- Reporting, research, or analysis
- Identity verification
- Instructing third parties (insurers, sub-contractors, shipping lines, airlines, railway companies, agents, etc.) to assist us in service provision
- Communication with your insurer, their appointed claims handling agents, or loss adjusters
- Reviewing, developing, and improving our products or services
- Ensuring an informative and effective website presentation
- Analyzing website usage and viewing patterns
- Developing additional products or services in collaboration with trusted third parties
- Notifying you of products, services, or offers available from trusted third parties
- Monitoring and improving service and product quality
- Managing claims, complaints, or disputes, including corresponding with third parties involved in their resolution
- Crime prevention or detection
- Debt collection
- Processing or disclosure of information outside the UK/EEA, where required
- Meeting legal, statutory, and compliance obligations
We are committed to utilizing your personal information responsibly and securely, safeguarding your privacy throughout our processes.
Data Storage and Processing
We store and process your personal information with your explicit consent and in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) of the European Union and the laws of Lithuania. We retain your data only for the duration necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this policy. Once the data is no longer needed, we will securely delete it.
To access, modify, or delete your personal data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we may share your information with third parties only if you provide explicit consent. If your data has been transferred to a third party not affiliated with us, any changes or updates must be made directly through that party.
Who We Share Your Information With
We may share your personal information with the following parties:
- Companies providing video survey facilities
- Agents, suppliers, or sub-contractors assisting in service provision
- Introducing organizations (both those introducing you to us and those we introduce to you)
- HM Revenue and Customs, regulators, or other authorities
- Companies or organizations you request us to share your personal information with
- Insurers and claims handlers
- Trusted third parties offering products or services of interest to you
We may disclose personal information to members of our group for business purposes, as well as relevant third parties for service provision.
Transfer of information
Some third parties we share personal information with may be located outside the European Economic Area (EEA). These organizations may be subject to data protection regulations that differ from those in the UK or EEA.
We will only transfer your personal information outside the EEA in the following circumstances:
- To fulfill your instructions
- To comply with legal obligations
- To work with agents and third parties providing business and administrative support
On occasion, we may be required to disclose personal information to government or law enforcement authorities responsible for crime prevention, immigration, customs, border control, security, and anti-terrorism.
Please note: If you do not agree to the use of your personal information as outlined in this policy, we cannot accept your booking or provide services, as processing your personal information is essential for quoting and carrying out requested services.
Keeping personal information accurate:
We strive to maintain accurate and up-to-date personal information. However, it is your responsibility to inform us of any changes to your information. You can request changes by contacting us in writing or via email.
Dealing with third parties:
We can only accept instructions from the person named on the contract documentation. If you wish to have a third party act on your behalf, we will require evidence of their express authority, such as a power of attorney or written authorization.
Retention of personal information:
We will retain your personal information for as long as necessary for account maintenance and ongoing services. We may also retain it to meet legal or regulatory requirements. Personal information will not be kept for longer than seven years from the date you cease to be our customer, unless legal, regulatory, or technical reasons require longer retention.
We retain your personal information for the following purposes:
- Responding to claims or complaints
- Demonstrating fair treatment
- Maintaining business records
- Fulfilling contractual obligations
Fraud prevention and crime detection:
To detect fraud, we or insurers may share information about you with law enforcement bodies, including the police. These authorities may access and use the information provided.
Children’s Personal Information
We do not knowingly collect personal data from children without the consent of their parents or legal guardians. If you believe that your child has provided us with their personal information without your consent, please contact us at email@example.com. We will promptly remove the information from our records.
We use cookie files for the correct display of the website’s content and for the convenience of browsing elpmoving.com. They are small files, that are stored on your device. They help the website to remember information about you, such as in which language you use the website and which pages have you already opened. This information will be useful in the next visit. Thanks to cookie files, the website’s browsing becomes much more convenient. You can learn more about these files here. You can set up cookies reception and blocking in your browser yourself. Inability to receive cookie files may limit the functionality of the website.
- Session cookies: These cookies are essential for the proper functioning of our website during your visit. They enable you to navigate between pages and use key features.
- Preference cookies: Preference cookies remember your choices and preferences, such as language settings or font size, to improve your browsing experience.
- Analytics cookies: We use analytics cookies, such as Google Analytics and Yandex.Metrica, to collect aggregated data about website traffic, user behavior, and demographics. This information helps us analyze and enhance our services. These third-party services may collect and process data independently, and their data usage is subject to their respective privacy policies.
You can manage or disable cookies through your browser settings. However, please note that disabling cookies may limit certain functionalities or affect your overall browsing experience on our website. For more information on cookies, their usage, and how to manage them, you can learn more about here.
We use third-party services to enhance the functionality and performance of our website. These services, such as Google Analytics and Yandex.Metrica, collect data independently and process it according to their own privacy policies. The data collected by these services may be shared within their respective organizations for personalized advertising purposes.
Links to Other Websites
Right to Access Personal Information
You have the right to obtain written confirmation from us whether your personal information is being processed by us or a third party. To access any personal information we hold, submit a subject access request in writing to:
ELP MOVING LTD
Level 3, 207 Regent Street
Alternatively, you can email: firstname.lastname@example.org. We will require sufficient information to prove your identity before releasing any personal information to you. If a third party, such as a solicitor, makes the subject access request on your behalf, they must provide evidence demonstrating their entitlement to act on your behalf.
While there is no fee for meeting your request, we reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee if, in our reasonable judgment, the request is manifestly unfounded, excessive, or repetitive. Any fee charged will be based on the administrative cost of providing the information. We have one month from the date of receipt of your request to comply, but if you request a large amount of information, we may ask for more specific details regarding the information you require.
Right to Rectification
You have the right to request the rectification of inaccurate or incomplete personal information. To initiate this process, contact your Move Manager in writing, specifying the inaccurate or incomplete personal information. Provide them with the correct personal information and request its rectification. We are required to rectify the information within one month, which can be extended to two months for complex requests. If you feel that your request for rectification is not being addressed adequately, you can escalate it to the Group Legal Services Dept at the address provided above.
Right to Erasure (To Be Forgotten)
You have the right to request the deletion or removal of personal information when there is no compelling reason for its continued processing. Personal information can be erased and further processing prevented in the following circumstances:
- The personal information is no longer necessary for the original purpose of collection or processing.
- You withdraw your consent for processing your personal information.
- You object to the processing, and there is no legitimate interest for further processing.
- Personal information has been unlawfully processed.
- Personal information must be erased according to a court order.
We may refuse to comply with your request for erasure if we are required to fulfill a legal or statutory obligation or if the personal information is needed to resolve a claim, complaint, or defend against one.
Right to Restrict Processing
You have the right to restrict the processing of your personal information in the following circumstances:
- You contest the accuracy of the personal information being processed. You can request a restriction until the inaccuracies have been rectified.
- The processing of the information is deemed unlawful, but you do not want your personal information to be erased.
- Although we no longer require the personal information, you want us to retain it for establishing, exercising, or defending a legal claim.
Right to Object
You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information for direct marketing purposes, even if you had previously consented to such processing. If you object, we will stop processing your personal information for marketing purposes upon receiving your written objection. You can raise your objection at any time.