Frequently asked questions
Expand each question below to see the answer. If you haven’t found an answer to your question, please contact us to ask it.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I pack all the items myself?
Yes, you can do this, but be sure to follow our instructions, otherwise the risk of loss and damage to the items will be very high, which may cause us to refuse transportation.
- How to pack the goods correctly?
Proper packaging protects the contents of the shipment from everyday hazards and ensures that the goods being transported do not damage other goods during transit.
- Packaging must be sufficient to protect your item during transit.
Using the most common measures, you can avoid time and labor costs, as well as financial losses.
- Use shock-resistant materials that will not allow the load to move freely during transportation.
- Each fragile or vulnerable item must be wrapped separately.
- Packages must be securely sealed with adhesive tape intended for gluing transported goods.
- Boxes must be on the pad and secured.
- Cabinet furniture (chests of drawers, wardrobes, beds) must be disassembled in detail and properly packed in a separate package filled with packaging material.
- Larger shipments (equipment, etc.) must be secured with a supporting frame structure, which must be filled with protective packaging material (styrofoam, etc.).
- What fees you might have to pay when moving to or from your destination country?
An individual of a Member State who has temporarily resided in a foreign state for at least 12 months, you may import into the customs territory of the Union accompanied and (or) unaccompanied baggage with exemption from customs duties, taxes goods for personal use, cost which does not exceed an amount equivalent to 5,000 euros (with the exception of vehicles for personal use and bodies of vehicles for personal use), subject to confirmation of the fact temporary residence in a foreign state for a specified period in accordance with the legislation of the Member State.
In other cases, the duty is 4 euros / kg or 30% of the value of the cargo
- How to mark my cargo?
The main inscriptions on the packages must contain:
- Full or abbreviated name of the consignee and consignor;
- Sender and recipient address;
- The number of packages in the shipment and the serial number of the package within the shipment;
- Manipulative signs also have to be indicated, for example: Fragile, Up, etc.
- What documents are usually needed to move?
Depending on the borders that your cargo will cross, documents usually required are as follows:
1. copy of the main page of the passport
2. copy of the page with the registration stamp
3. copy of the international passport, main page
4. copy of visa / residence permit.
5. packing list/invoice
- Can I to send my things without any documents?
Just as it is impossible to fly on an airplane without presenting a passport / visa, it is impossible to ship and transport cargo without documents. During international transportation of any cargo, personal belongings or commercial cargo, its movement falls under the customs control of the countries of the sender and recipient.
- Can you arrange documents for customs clearance?
Yes, we offer customs clearance services for the goods we transport.
- What is usually forbidden to send with personal belongings?
- Alcoholic drinks, alcohol, beer, wine, vodka
- Cosmetics, perfume
- Cultural property without registration
- Natural diamonds / gems
- Tobacco / Drugs
- Photo lab equipment
- Medicine / Vitamins / Medicinal syrups, ointments
- Horns, taxidermy
- Food / drinks
- Medical technology and equipment
- Solariums for tanning
- Games powered by coins, banknotes, bank cards, tokens or similar means of payment
- Boilers for central heating, classified in subheading 8403 10 TN VED EAEU.
- Internal combustion engines
- Medical, surgical, dental or veterinary furniture
- Hairdressing salons and chairs and similar chairs, parts thereof.
- Apparatus and equipment for photographic laboratories, classified in heading 9010 TNVED EAEU.
- Devices, apparatus and models intended for demonstration purposes, classified in heading 9023 00 TN VED EAEU.
- What goods for personal use can be transported?
Used goods for personal use, which can be imported in the prescribed amount by foreign individuals for the period of their stay in the customs territory of the EAEU without paying customs duties, taxes, regardless of the cost and (or) weight of such goods
1. Clothing, shoes, hats, umbrellas, jewelry, personal hygiene items, other personal goods in the amount necessary for use during the period of stay in the customs territory of the Eurasian Economic Union (hereinafter referred to as the Union).
2. Portable sound recording, video recording, reproducing equipment, photographic equipment in the amount of not more than
1 unit of each item and accessories to such equipment, video recording media, audio recording media in the amount necessary for use during the period of stay in the customs territory of the Union.
3. Mobile phones, smartphones and similar communication devices in the amount of not more than 2 units.
4. Portable personal computers, tablets, game consoles in the amount of not more than 1 unit of each item and accessories in the amount necessary for use during the period of stay in the customs territory of the Union.
5. Portable musical instruments in the quantity necessary for use during the period of stay in the customs territory of the Union.
6. Cultural values (if they are confirmed as such in accordance with the legislation of the Member State of the Union)
in the amount necessary for use during the period of stay in the customs territory of the Union.
7. Baby carriages, child seats fixed on car seats in the amount necessary for use during the period of stay in the customs territory of the Union.
8. Wheelchairs for the disabled in the amount necessary for use during the period of stay in the customs territory of the Union.
9. Equipment and supplies for sports, tourism and hunting, balloons in the amount necessary for use during the period of stay in the customs territory of the Union.
10. Domestic animals, including those used for hunting, sports, tourism, in the amount necessary for use during the period of stay in the customs territory of the Union.
11. Portable dialyzers, other similar medical devices and consumables for them in the amount necessary for use during the period of stay in the customs territory of the Union.
- Is it possible to send personal items abroad without a detailed list?
Unfortunately, it is impossible – personal belongings, like any goods transported across country borders, fall under customs control, and therefore a complete list of the transported goods must be drawn up for its submission to the customs authorities and for the correct execution of customs procedures.
- Should you additionally insure your cargo?
When transporting goods, liability for loss/damage to goods is limited under international conventions:
- For air transportation – in accordance with the Warsaw Convention of October 12, 1929 and the IATA Air Carriage Rules, prescribed in the air waybill; (Liability up to 17 euros per kg)
- When transported by road – in accordance with the Convention on the Contract for the International Carriage of Goods by Road (CMR); (Up to 8.33 SDR (approx. 9 euros) per kg.)
- When transported by sea – in accordance with the Rules of Maritime Transportation (Hague-Visby Rules). (2SDR or about EUR 2.5 per kg or 666SDR (about EUR 700) per container.)
Additional insurance makes it possible to receive 100% compensation in case of an unexpected insured event.
Working with us will ensure:
- Timely delivery of your belongings, so you can be sure that they’ll arrive when you need them.
- Expert handling of customs procedures, ensuring that your move is free from unexpected problems or delays.
- No wasted time, as we work efficiently to make sure that your move is completed as quickly as possible.
- No unnecessary financial losses, thanks to our competitive pricing and careful management of your move.
Certificates and awards
Find out how much your move will cost
Submit details about your move for a free consultation and no obligations quote. We will calculate a completely personalised quote based on information you provide.